Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One Day at a Time

Ahhh! It's my first blog post and it's a downer :-(

Days like yesterday and today are always the hardest for me.  Monday's are usually a downer because I miss Lucia the most after spending the weekend with her, but yesterday was not only a Monday, but it was also the first day of my MBA program. It was a rude awakening as to what my life will be like for the next two years. I saw my daughter's beautiful face for a mere 20 minutes all day because I worked all day and then had class until after 10 pm. Today, same routine, but instead of class,  committee meeting from 7:00-9:00. Can we say mommy guilt?!

It's days like these that make me question why I'm going back to school and why I take on any new responsibilities, when I could be spending time at home with my family. This is a new balancing act that I'm not used to. In my mind, I know why I do these things, but my heart is really struggling. Its new territory for me to learn how to be the same Kristin I've always been, but now with the bigger, more important, responsibility of being a mom.

Here's to taking it one day at a time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment